This Feast was approved in the Universal Church by
Pope Benedict XV. Its object is the great love of the Lord, of His
Sacred Heart in instituting the Most Holy Eucharist and in remaining
among us in the Blessed Sacrament, in continuing to renew and offer
among us the Sacrifice of Calvary.
We honor the immense love of Christ’s Heart in instituting the Most Holy Eucharist. We gratefully love Him and make reparation to Him for His lasting, abiding Presence, down through the centuries.
The book The Way of Divine Love was approved by Cardinal Pacelli. When he became Pope, he allowed this approval to stand. It recounts the words of Our Lord, revealing His Heart to Sister Josefa Menendez. In it, He speaks of the Last Supper, before He first offered His Sacrifice. Our Lord saw the course of the ages. He saw how people would love and serve Him in the Holy Eucharist. But He also saw the indifference, sacrileges and outrages He would suffer in this Mystery of Faith. His great, burning charity pushed Him to go ahead, regardless.
We worship, adore and thank His Sacred Heart for this great love.
This Presence literally contains everything. Let me just touch on a few:
When we receive Our Lord, we are receiving the same Christ who gives unending and perfect joy to the Blessed in Paradise.
So after Holy Communion, Paradise (Heaven) is inside us. So, at least for a few moments, we have, according to St. Peter Julien Eymard, “a cure for our sadness”. We have a cure for the sadness of this “valley of tears”, a cure, at least for a while, for our particular moments and causes of sadness.
Now, in this next thing, I have no desire to mess up your time with Our Lord. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
In the whole vast universe — in Heaven, on earth, and under the earth — what is the preferred dwelling place of God the Father? His preferred Paradise of paradises, the Heart of His Son: “The Father is in Me, and I am in the Father.”
The Sacred Heart is the “Sacred Temple of God”, of the eternal Father. So after Holy Communion, or when you are before the Blessed Sacrament in the Tabernacle, God the Father is there. Of course, He is everywhere. But in a special way, He is with His Son in the Tabernacle. He comes to us along with His Son, in Holy Communion. And the Holy Spirit, who is the Uncreated Charity, is present.
The prayers taught by the Angel of Portugal is so right, so just, so fitting after we receive Holy Communion:
“My God, I believe, I adore, I hope and I love Thee! I ask pardon of Thee for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope and do not love Thee!”
“Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
I offer Thee the most precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of the same Son, Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for all the sacrileges, outrages and indifference by which He Himself is offended. And through the infinite merits of His Most Sacred Heart, and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg of Thee the conversion of poor sinners,”
So, today and always, let us thankfully adore and adoringly thank the Sacred Heart for this sign of His burning, self-giving love.
Glory to the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus!
We honor the immense love of Christ’s Heart in instituting the Most Holy Eucharist. We gratefully love Him and make reparation to Him for His lasting, abiding Presence, down through the centuries.
The book The Way of Divine Love was approved by Cardinal Pacelli. When he became Pope, he allowed this approval to stand. It recounts the words of Our Lord, revealing His Heart to Sister Josefa Menendez. In it, He speaks of the Last Supper, before He first offered His Sacrifice. Our Lord saw the course of the ages. He saw how people would love and serve Him in the Holy Eucharist. But He also saw the indifference, sacrileges and outrages He would suffer in this Mystery of Faith. His great, burning charity pushed Him to go ahead, regardless.
We worship, adore and thank His Sacred Heart for this great love.
This Presence literally contains everything. Let me just touch on a few:
When we receive Our Lord, we are receiving the same Christ who gives unending and perfect joy to the Blessed in Paradise.
So after Holy Communion, Paradise (Heaven) is inside us. So, at least for a few moments, we have, according to St. Peter Julien Eymard, “a cure for our sadness”. We have a cure for the sadness of this “valley of tears”, a cure, at least for a while, for our particular moments and causes of sadness.
Now, in this next thing, I have no desire to mess up your time with Our Lord. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
In the whole vast universe — in Heaven, on earth, and under the earth — what is the preferred dwelling place of God the Father? His preferred Paradise of paradises, the Heart of His Son: “The Father is in Me, and I am in the Father.”
The Sacred Heart is the “Sacred Temple of God”, of the eternal Father. So after Holy Communion, or when you are before the Blessed Sacrament in the Tabernacle, God the Father is there. Of course, He is everywhere. But in a special way, He is with His Son in the Tabernacle. He comes to us along with His Son, in Holy Communion. And the Holy Spirit, who is the Uncreated Charity, is present.
The prayers taught by the Angel of Portugal is so right, so just, so fitting after we receive Holy Communion:
“My God, I believe, I adore, I hope and I love Thee! I ask pardon of Thee for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope and do not love Thee!”
“Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
I offer Thee the most precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of the same Son, Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for all the sacrileges, outrages and indifference by which He Himself is offended. And through the infinite merits of His Most Sacred Heart, and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg of Thee the conversion of poor sinners,”
So, today and always, let us thankfully adore and adoringly thank the Sacred Heart for this sign of His burning, self-giving love.
Glory to the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment